Saturday 21 May 2016

Aaaand... we're done with Kapi and Seda is in!

Valentina Rodionenko and her mind games/drinking/incompetence/need for attention are in full force again and she's naming new teams faster than I can type. It currently means that Natalia Kapitonova has been replaced with Seda Tutkhalyan (yay!), but I wouldn't call it a sure thing, because this is how Team Russia just operates. Consider it a type of Russian Roulette, just instead of bullets, injuries and disgrace.

I don't think I'll post any further changes into separate posts. I'll just keep updating this and analyze how a team with only Vika and Valentina herself would score when Valentina announces it.

I'm so happy that Seda made the cut (as of now at least), but this also makes me really, really nervous. I think this will be a final chance for her. If she succumbs to her nerves once again, Rio will be a definite no go for her. Unless the entire team is hospital she's the only one left. Just please, please hit Princess Tut! But no pressure...



2 comments:

  1. If Seda gets this opportunity and blows it her Rio chances should be done. Though I'm sure she'll be an alternate because Russia's other younger candidates are DTY-challenged.
    They'd better let her do beam in qualifications at least! Otherwise there's not much point to bringing her over Kapi.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. And I'm sure they let her do beam in qualifications, it would be too stupid for even Valentina to put her on the team and not use her on her best apparatus. They lose a full point with Beefarm, and that's their best chance to make up for it. Plus, Afan's beam routine is probably not ready yet.

      Delete