Wednesday 6 January 2016

Welcome home Team Russia!

So weirdly enough, it took me until today to realize that the Olympic year is upon us. I knew it from the moment that the clock struck 0:00, but I didn't really feel it. Until now. It was this image that made the the realization sink in:


The Russian gymnasts are back at their home base of Round Lake. It's their first camp of 2016, and the Olympics are coming, for real. For real. This honestly made me so excited. On a scale of 1-10, how stalkery would it be of me to travel to Round Lake and just stand in front of that gate with a mad smile on my face imagining the training going on behind it? Because I really feel like doing that.

Another thing that got me really excited? Aliya (who has been doing physio in Moscow and Penza) is back home too. It's on. 


She captioned this with 
"Год новый, а место все тоже✌🏻️ привет Второй дом, или первый! Скорее всего первый🙈"
It means something like "New year, but a place all too familiar. Hello second home, or perhaps the first. Likely the first."

Welcome home My Tsaritsa!


No comments:

Post a Comment