Thursday 16 June 2016

The Beauty of Our Time


Viktoria Komova posted this on VK last night:
Dear friends, fans, and gymnastics lovers. Unfortunately back pain isn’t allowing me to train to my full potential and get ready for competitions. I’ve made the very difficult decision to stop training and take care of my health. I want to thank everyone for their support! Without your love and warmth it would’ve been more difficult to go all the way. Thanks everyone and see you soon! Love and kisses.
Which I guess means that she's out of the running for Rio. And perhaps done for good. A big question mark there.

I think she's the most beautiful gymnast of the last quad and certainly one of the most talented. I'm going to miss her so much and I'm not going to even say anything more, just post what I think are some of her best routines let this harmony of beauty and difficulty speak for itself.
















And this one. The best routine of her career, and my favorite overall routine from London, from any gymnast. Just incredible.


I'm just going to rewatch these too 100 times and cry because they are so amazing.



No comments:

Post a Comment