Thursday 2 June 2016

16 years of Junior European Champions

I mentioned when writing about the junior podium training, that my baby swans were expected to take gold. Because they've taken gold for years and years now. A fellow tumblr blogger and Russian gymnastics enthusiast v-komova did what I was too lazy to do, and put together a collection of Russian Junior European Champion team pictures.

Enjoy!

2000

2002

2004

2006

2008

2010

2012

2014

2016

-----
This makes me feel really nostalgic. So many familiar faces, but also so many that faded after their junior gold. Injuries and early retirements together with World Champions, but back then they had no idea which one was going to be their future. I wish all the best to this years young champions! May their future be filled with many more gold medals.

1 comment:

  1. awwwwwwwwwwwwww!

    gelya looks completely bald

    ReplyDelete