Thursday 4 January 2018

Happy New Year!

So uhm... *clears throat awkwardly* On the off-chance that someone still occasionally visits this blog to see if it's still dead, it's not, I'm back now. There's an explanation to my absence and I'll give it to you later, but most of you (if there's anyone still out there) probably aren't that interested in it anyway, so I'll begin this post by just apologizing for leaving so suddenly and without telling you why and if I'll ever be back. I'm sorry. As a punishment, (one that I will enjoy way too much for it to actually be a proper punishment) I will look at pictures of My Tsaritsa putting me to shame by giving me her best Death Stares. If you're not happy with my awesome punishment, you're welcome to suggest a better one. May your cruel hearts get their fill of revenge.

I'll soon be back with some recaps of last year and the traditional Baby Swan Graduates -post.

Punish me, Queen Aliya.
Explanations and excuses to follow...


So remember in my bio when I said that I'm a student and I work occasionally so I don't have any difficulty in finding time to be lazy? That the only thing that kept me too busy for gymnastics was my sims' jobs and kids? And my other gaming habits? Yeah, good times. Last winter and spring I finally wrote my Bachelor's Thesis which meant that *gasp*, I finally graduated. My thesis was finished in February and graded in March, but my official graduation was not until June, so I thought I had a few good months to prepare myself for the real world. No such luck.

During my last practical training (did I mention I was studying to be a nurse?) at an ICU in the best hospital in the country they actually hired me right on the spot, and I was a student nurse on Friday and full-time employee responsible for saving lives the next Monday. Whoops. So that's how I spent the spring, summer and fall, not knowing how the hell I got from being a lazy ass student obsessed with gymnastics to working long hours trying desperately to keep dying people alive. Seriously, me? What kind of idiot would hire me to be responsible for human lives? I managed to kill my last cactus.

Anyway... When I wasn't working, I was at home sleeping dead exhausted or dead exhausted and not sleeping because I was too anxious about whether or not I was doing a good job. My already frail mental health was struggling. I also had to move out of student housing into the real rental market and that was exhausting too. And gymnastics kind of flew out of the window and didn't come back for awhile.

And here we are now. There are your explanations and excuses. In short, the life of a grown-up hit me hard and lazy-ass procrastinating me needed some time without gymnastics in order to figure out how to function in the real world.

P.S. I know I sound like an ungrateful brat. I got a good full-time job straight out of school, something that for a many people would be a dream and I'm complaining about it. But bear with me, I am very grateful too, trust me :)

1 comment:

  1. You're back!!!!!!
    i'm so happy!
    i'd stop checking your blog for new posts late last year, and i came here today looking for an aliya gif that i don´t remember where i saw:)
    and now i have tons of posts to read :)

    ReplyDelete