Thursday 28 April 2016

The Olympic Gear Is Here!

That rhymed...

The Russians released their Olympic gear and got Khorkina and Zamo to model it. Where's Aliya? She usually does promotion like this, they even had Emin Garibov there! It would give me some hope to see Aliya in it.




I'm not sure how to feel about yet. I hated the London gear when I first saw it, but it eventually grew on me. I mean, who can hate it when it was the backdrop for Aliya's gold medal???


Yeah.

But the contrast is somehow quite stark. The London theme is very ornamental and reminds me of the Russian tradition. Rio however, is simplistic and hard ...like Soviet Union? It's like Russian wood churches versus cheap Soviet concrete blocks :D And yes, I'm exaggerating.

I'm also seriously considering purchasing a jacket or a shirt. It's ridiculously expensive, but it could be my good luck charm for watching the Olympics. And if I die of a heart attack during beam rotation, wearing that will guarantee that at least people who find my body will know what killed me.

Person found D.O.A. in front of a computer, wearing a Team Russia jacket. YouTube open with Olympics livestream, gymnastics. Potato chips everywhere, strong preference for sour cream and onion. Cause of death: cardiac arrest by Russian gymnastics. And potato chips.

I always knew this was how it was going to end.

Yeah. I think I'm going to eventually like the gear, it's more pleasing to the eye than the busy London fabric that together with the pink arena gave me headaches. The Rio arena looks good too, calming green and beige. I'm very curious to see how it will look like with TV lighting and and cameras. Good, I hope.

-----
I'm sorry for being absent for so long, my grandmother died quite suddenly. It still took her days to die after the initial illness and then there was the funeral and some family drama and I really wasn't feeling up to writing funny stuff (or anything actually) about gymnastics. Now I'm almost finished with the next installment for the "From Russia to Rio" series, I just need to calculate a few D-scores and decide how generous I'm going to be with them :D I also have a little something for Melka prepared (as some anon on tumblr wished), if I ever get it finished. My poor heath is giving me some issues at the moment and I'm waiting for some test results, hopefully I won't have to go to the hospital :(

No comments:

Post a Comment