Sunday 20 March 2016

This is a happy day because MY GIRL SEDA HIT BEAM!!!

Why work on my final thesis when Seda Tutkhalyan is competing and actually hitting? Hitting beam at that!!!

And sorry about the videos not fitting that column, but it's a problem with the theme and I'm going to fix it one of these days...
-----
The last of the World Cup events for this season (2015-2016) was in Stuttgart and had a nice turnout of gymnasts. And I actually remembered to tune in for the live feed!


My congrats go to Sophie, what a fantastic night for her. She was the only one to hit every routine without any notable mistakes, it was a great win in front of the home crowd with tears of joy. 

Seda however managed to give me heart palpitations again, actual arrhythmia with chest pain and everything. I feel like I'm super old with a weak ticker. Russian gymnastics might just kill me some day. What a lovely way to die.

ummm...

It was a weird competition for Princess Tut (I decided to call her that back in 2014 but then completely forgot about it). 

She started out on vault (a DTY) and had to put her hands down, which never happens. Her problem on vault is usually too much power causing landing deductions, she's never short. Maybe she was really tying to get a better landing and underestimated? I don't know. Or maybe she felt bad for her teammates who absolutely bombed on vault the day before (I'm going to post more on that tomorrow). If one falls, everyone must fall, like in Glasgow team finals. Camaraderie and all that. She got 13.400 for continuing the Russian vault implosion.



Uneven bars went much better and she showed an upgraded routine (6.0 D score) with the bhardwaj she tried out last year finally added in. She's not the most natural bar worker (at least by Russian standards), but it was overall a hit routine with no major issues (scored 14.433).


But beam. BEAM. I once wrote a desperate plea needing her to get her beam set figured out and she or her coaches definitely read it. Or not, whatever, but she hit.  She's like Vika on beam, not in gymnastics style, but in consistency: either perfect or a disaster. And today she was perfect, like born on the beam, not even one noticeable balance check. Big hop on dismount though and she took a loooong pause before the full. I was so sure she was going to fall on the full after that pause just for thinking too much about it, but she didn't. She scored 14.800 (6.3), best of the competition on beam.


And I actually LOVED her floor routine! It was a new routine with tolerable and dramatic music and actual dance and movement (I wish she would give something extra for performance value though like she did when she was a junior). The Russians had a lot of bad music and pose-to-pose choreography last year on floor so this is a good sign for this year. I didn't even care about her flying off the floor on a double pike, I was so happy about that beam routine and dance on floor.



Hopefully my heart will recover from all of this excitement before nationals. But at least this excitement is lot better than my indifference about Gymnix earlier this month.

Seriously, I've been watching these routines all day now. 

❤❤❤ and I'M JUST SO HAPPY FOR MY PRINCESS TUT ❤❤❤

Now that she's done the perfect beam routine for the year she can spend the rest of it falling again. My heart can't take getting my hopes up so I'm just going to stay pessimistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment