Tuesday 12 January 2016

Anastasia Grishina Might Not Be Grishina Anymore

All Children, except one, grow up. - J.M. Barrie
And now it's Anastasia Grishina's turn. A few days ago the soon-to-be-20-year-old surprised everybody when pictures of what looks like a wedding turned up. To my knowledge she hasn't confirmed anything, but it certainly seems like she got married. Wasn't she a teeny tiny junior with incredibly beautiful gymnastics just two minutes ago?




I don't actually have anything to say about this, but I just felt like I should mention it. I wish all the happiness to her and her new husband, they look like a lovely couple. But I still need her to come back and save Russia.


-----
I have always hoped that Grishy would have a floor routine to Once Upon a December from the movie Anastasia. It would be fitting not only because of her name, but because it's a beautiful song that would suit her delicate style. And these pictures actually confirm that she looks like a princess with her tiara and gown. I'm just saying.


I was obsessed with this movie when I was a child. I loved the music and the story was really fascinating because the people were real. My great aunt absolutely loved history and historical fiction and was fascinated with the movie too. We always talked about the Romanov family and their terrible end, and all of the speculation that came afterwards, she was a true dreamer and liked to believe that maybe Anastasia did survive the execution (it's pretty much proven that she didn't) and we had endless discussions about her. I was incredibly cynical even as a child but loved to listen to her because her enthusiasm made me believe in good things for few minutes :) The royal family actually used to vacation in my old home town and their vacation home was left as a museum after the revolution, so we used to visit it and dream about the past. The story really came alive to me there.
-----
Sorry for the weird non-gym related commentary, but the sight of Grishy looking like a princess brought lots of old memories to surface :) And if you haven't seen the movie, watch it.

No comments:

Post a Comment